Sweet Gifts For The Mamas In Your Life | Shop Local | 614 Mom
My favorite gifts are the thoughtful gifts that come from the heart. The ones that you can tell someone put a lot of thought and love into. I've complied a list of really sweet gifts to give the mom (or grandma) on your list this holiday season. The best part? All the items on this list are from local businesses. Shop local while getting something to be treasured for a lifetime by the mama you're shopping for. Moms - send this to your significant other. Husbands/Wives/Boyfriends/Girlfriends - book mark this page, it will still be here in April when you're starting your Mother's Day shopping. ;-) I do this because I love you!
To my husband - I will take them all! ;)
- Tag Necklace from BOHINDI - this particular piece is one of my personal favorites. I love that it is a gorgeous classic piece that I can love for a lifetime. It's not overly trendy so I know even in 10 years I could still wear this and love it. I love that you can add different tags as your family grows and each tag can have something different on it. The length makes it even better - 20" inches for the chain - yes please.
- Custom watercolor family portrait from ElmerConceptions - Amanda, a local mom of 6, hand creates these beautiful custom watercolor family portraits. I can't wait until our bundle of joy gets here so I can order one when we officially become a family of five. :-) I follow Amanda on Instagram and had the pleasure of meeting her at 614 Mom's Celebrating You event last year and she is the sweetest woman with such amazing talent. This gift would make any mama heart happy. It's too late to order one of these for the holidays but you can always get a gift certificate through Amanda, and allow mom to pick the photo she loves the most to use as inspiration for this custom artwork. :)
- Almost anything from Good Makery - located in Grandview, Good Makery, allows children (or adults) to create one of a kind gifts using their own handwriting. Some ideas I'd have for you would be picture frame, surprise candle, keepsake box, necklaces, or ornaments. Personally, I am obsessed with my daughter's handwriting. I think it's the most adorable thing ever - so to have something I could have forever with such sweet moments of their childhood would mean the world to me. I can't be the only mama that feels this way.
- Silhouettes from Little Mugshots - You may have read all about my love for Stephanie and Little Mugshots on the blog a few days ago. This is a definite must for this list. Stephanie offers one of a kind hand drawn silhouettes on both paper and Christmas ornaments. This is such a sweet gift for any mom on your list. Hurry, you only have until December 5th to make sure you get your order by Christmas.
- Beloved Names Necklace from Geo Supply Co - This is such a classic and beautiful piece that allows you to make it your own by customizing the names on the necklace. This necklace can fit up to 4 names with 9 letters per name. Geo Supply Co also offers the most adorable marble + rose gold Christmas ornaments. They deserve all the heart eyes.
- Take your kiddos to Clay Cafe to make a special gift for mom - these handmade gifts are probably the most cherished by mom. A lifetime of memories in one hand painted piece. Nothing will ever replace that time your two year old made you a purple dinosaur because purple is your favorite color and a dinosaur is his favorite animal. :-)